A Quick Guide to Creating a 13 Moon Sacred Giving* Circle
- You must limit your group to 13 women.
- You agree to meet once per lunar cycle (each new moon or full moon) – every woman MUST commit to being present for circle EVERY moon for 13 moons.
- At the start of the year, every woman puts her name on a piece of paper and places it into a jar (one woman guards this for safe-keeping).
- Every month, when you meet, each women gives $100 into a pot (or cauldron).
- During the gathering, share food, hold ceremony, share with each other your dreams, visions, and manifestations.
- Every month, during the gathering one woman’s name is taken out of the jar and that woman gets to take home the entire pot ($1,300).
- Continue this ceremony for 13 moons, removing one woman’s name each moon, until every woman has experienced receiving the $1,300 gift.
- When you do the accounting at the end of the year (you can do on a simple paper ledger kept in the same jar as the names), make sure that each woman has given $1,300 and has received the exact same amount ($1,300).
Continue reading “How to Create a Sustainable Giving Circle”