Tibet Action and Digital Security Websites


Tibet Action and Digital Security Websites

Budget Total budget was $13,500. We spent approximately 160 hours on the project, some of those hours were pro-bono.

Timeline 1) Design and client scope definition = 4 months, 2) Development = 2 months, 3) Support, installation, and additional features = 2 months

Summary Green Ideas developed two websites for the Tibet Action Institute (formerly known as Students for a Free Tibet). The first site (www.tibetaction.net) is the primary site for the organization, sharing general information and highlighting programs and press. The second site (www.cybersuperhero.net) is a resource tool for Tibetan refugees and their allies to protect themselves from cyber attacks. The primary project purpose was to re-design and upgrade the client’s website to better present their existing material and accommodate new material. Some of the new material included a digital security video campaign aimed at helping tibetans and their supporters avoid being hacked. The scope of the digital security campaign included a new stand-alone website with integrated video feed on the home page and a clear organization of educational materials by topic. Content from this new stand-alone site was also show in in the client’s main site via RSS feed. Both sites required SSL certificate reg. One of the challenges was that due to travel and physical distance, the client had a difficult time giving feedback within the 72 hour suggested timeframe. We adjusted the timeframe on feedback requirements and adjusted our work style to match the speed of the client. The client was ultimately more satisfied with the process and is happy with the finished product.

Testimonial “Green-Ideas worked in collaboration with us, both to re-design our flagship website tibetaction.net and create our digital security outreach site: cybersuperhero.net. Their team helped us discover new ways of organizing and presenting our material, and proposed design options both in wireframe format and fully interactive on their staging server. They implemented a localization strategy (Tibetan and Chinese language) and worked with us to identify areas of the site that would adapt when viewed in different languages. Overall we are very satisfied with Green-Ideas work on our two projects.”